What is Truthbase Theatricals?
Truthbase Theatricals Inc. (TbT) is a New York City based theater arts training program for kids and adults founded by Corrie Cooper. TbT is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization committed to building values-driven character through quality training in the arts, and producing wholesome entertainment that promotes a Scriptural worldview. Truthbase Theatricals started in 2012 as an affiliate of Christian Youth Theater (CYT, Inc) based in San Diego, CA, and became an independent theater arts organization in August 2018.
TbT offers after-school training classes, shows and camps for students age 5-19 years old as well as select classes for adults. We seek to educate and encourage student's gifts and talents in the arts, and to instill Scriptural values and character. We are committed to the highest ethical, moral, technical and artistic standards of excellence in all that we do. TbT is not affiliated with a specific church body, and people of all faiths are welcome to participate. CLICK HERE to learn more about the "TbT Difference!"
TbT does not own facilities but partners with the local community, utilizing classrooms and stages in churches, studios, schools and theaters. TbT instructors are trained professionals, qualified in teaching and/or performing, who must embrace TbT's mission statement and instructing methods. The Truthbase Theatricals Team strives to be excellent role models.
TbT Values & Objectives:
To adhere to the Truth of the Scriptures in values & character by:
- Assisting parents in their Biblical mandate to train up their children to be Christlike in character that will help them achieve success in life by being more useful to God and others
- Exemplifying and teaching biblical character traits including commitment, discipline, self-esteem, excellence, perseverance, confidence and integrity
- Developing other-centered service, teachable humility, teamwork and unity
- Affirming the worth of each individual as a person-in-process as they strive for true value in God's sight by using what He's entrusted to them for His glory and the benefit of others
- Supporting the family unit through the direct involvement of each family member’s talents, interests and abilities
- Manifesting the Light of God by creatively and relevantly using the Arts without compromising with cultural darkness